Legal Evidence of Permitting Civilian Visitors to Dokdo
The entrance of civilian visitors to Dokdo was restricted by Article 33 of the Cultural Heritage Preservation Act since Dokdo
was appointed as Natural Monument #336 (Official Title: Dokdo Natural Preservation Zone) in 1982.
However, of the two restricted areas, (Dong-do and Seo-do) Dong-do has been opened to civilian visitors who submit
an application and obtain approval (2005.3.24 New Governmental Orders).
Application to Enter Dokdo
- General Tourists
- *** Applications are accepted on first-come-first-serve basis up to the maximum number of visitors permitted per day.
- *** Contact - Dokdo Tourist's Marine Transportation Co., Ltd. (054-791-8111~2)
- Daea Express Marine Transportation Co., Ltd. (054-791-0801~3)
- Special Occasions
- - Events, Assemblies, Press, Reporting·roadcasting, Academic Researches, Lodging, Stays, etc
- - Entrance to Dokdo may be restricted to general visitors due to weather conditions or other inevitable reasons.
- - The number of visitors permitted is restricted to 1,880 persons per day.
- - The visitors cannot go beyond Dong-do Port once they arrive on Dokdo.
All applicants for entrance to Dokdo must submit the followings :
- - An application completely filled out;
- - A list of names of people in case of group visit; and
- - A specified event plan itinerary indicating the objectives, schedules, and equipments.
*** The application and registration must be completed at least 14 days in prior to the desired date as since it may take
some time for the Cultural Heritage Administration and other related officials to make a decision.
*** Please contact the Ulleung-gun Dokdo Administration Office (Tel:054-790-6645, 6646 Fax: 790-6649)
for further information.